Vancouver, British Columbia–(Newsfile Corp. – January 9, 2023) – NORTEC MINERALS CORP. (TSXV: NVT) (“Nortec” or the “Company“) is pleased to announce drilling at the Kietyönmäki Lithium Project in Finland for which United Lithium Corp (“ULTH”) is the project operator.
Highlights Reported by United Lithium Corp.
- Diamond drilling commenced in September 2022
- A 10-hole program is planned with holes averaging 100 meters in length.
- The program is designed to confirm the current geological knowledge of the project.
- The objective of the program is to provide sufficient information to model a mineralized body exceeding 500,000 tonnes with grades greater than 1% Li2O.
- A bedrock surface sampling program of 250 sample points is also to be conducted.
- Project expansion: an additional 535 hectares have been added to the Kietyönmäki Lithium project, bringing the total land area to 900 hectares
Figure 2: Location of the Kietyönmäki Lithium Project in southern Finland
Figure 4: Planned drillhole collar points
Figure 5 Pegmatite cutting through host rock amphibolite at the Kietyönmäki lithium project
The technical information in this release has been reviewed and verified by Brad Lazich, P. Geo., a director of the Company and the Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101.
About Nortec Minerals Corp.
Nortec is a mineral exploration company that holds 100% interests in two exploration stage critical mineral (zinc) projects, namely the Mattagami River Zinc properties and the Sturgeon Lake VMS, both located in Ontario, Canada. Additionally, the Company holds a 16.4% interest in the Tammela Gold and Tammela Lithium projects in Southwest Finland. Additional information can be found on the Company’s SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com and its website at www.nortecminerals.com
On behalf of the Board of Directors,
Interim CEO and Director
P: (604) 561-2687
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements which involve known and unknown risks, delays and uncertainties not under the Company’s control which may cause actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from the results, performance or expectations implied by these forward-looking statements. This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the securities in the United States.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.